[BioPython] blastall questions (output, full length subject)

Stefanie Lück lueck at ipk-gatersleben.de
Mon Jan 21 06:21:52 EST 2008

I need again some advice for a local blast with blastall.

First of all, everything works fine, I just have some questions on how to continue:

1) How can I see the full length of the subject? I always can see only this part, which is matching with the query.

2) How are your suggestions to continue with the xml output? I want to sort the Hits by % of matching and my idea was it to put everything in a dictionary (%match as key and all the rest information's as values).

Is this the right way?